Tuesday March 30 from 1PM - 3PM EDT, the Health Professions Network will host a two-hour interactive virtual advocacy workshop on all things advocacy—original learning, discussion and interactive activities led and facilitated by Health Professions Network experts.
HPN members can attend absolutely free of charge—only $39 for non-members to attend this high-value, interactive virtual event with HPN's finest!
Our experts are really awesome.
Donald A. Balasa, JD, MBA, CEO and counsel of the American Association of Medical Assistants (an HPN member organization) will speak to the current advocacy environment and a trend towards professional deregulation spurred on by the COVID-19 crisis.
Rebecca Preddie, Senior Federal Policy and Programs Analyst at American Music Therapy Association (an HPN member organization) and HPN Treasurer, will speak to collaborations and partnerships for advancing your advocacy agenda and developing advocacy action plans that leverage collaborative strength.
Activities and discussion will be moderated by HPN's Executive Director Peggy McElgunn, Esq., who has extensive experience as an advocate and counsel for professional associations across industries in addition to health professions.
From setting an agenda to getting on the agenda... (our advocacy workshop agenda)!
- Our current advocacy environment & professional deregulation.
- The new administration—what's new, and what's on their agenda?
- Scanning legislative agendas for health professions impact.
- Getting on the agenda—getting heard at State and Federal levels.
- Developing advocacy action plans that make a real difference.
- Grassroots organizing—leveraging your membership for change.
- Toolkits for members: what they need to succeed on an individual to organization level.
- Tools and strategies for association professionals: what YOU need to drive advocacy success!
Attendees will hear from HPN experts and participate in interactive workshops and breakouts to develop and tangible advocacy action plan for their organization.
This event is a perfect introduction to the Health Professions Network for non-members, and an excellent advocacy workshop that current members' won't want to miss!